Job Opportunity: Smallball Is Looking for a Business Development Executive
Significant career opportunity for a self-motivated, next-level Business Development Sales Executive to take a digital start-up to new heights. If you possess an entrepreneurial spirt, work well autonomously and have proven C-Suite sales experience, Smallball could be your company.
Smallball Media is women-owned technology start-up. We are looking for an experienced Business Development Sales Executive to join our team.
Smallball is an easy-to-use, fast-to-market technology platform that delivers creative, branded digital content into messaging applications at an accessible price point. Our products empower brands to connect, engage and build community with clients.
The primary role of the Business Development Sales Executive is to develop, initiate and cultivate new client relationships, educate prospects, and ultimately drive sales to meet and exceed revenue targets. You’ll build and oversee partnerships with corporate brands and agencies to enable client expansion into the digital market using Smallball products.
You’ll need polished presentation and interactive client skills. The ability to manage multiple projects. A tested proficiency in the digital advertising world. You will make an impact on the success of Smallball through your ability to conduct point to point communications and maintain hyper focused client service.
Successful candidates will be energized by the opportunity to share in the success of a technology start-up. The applicant will be self-driven, self-disciplined, and self-motivated. Maintains a passion for sales. Comfortable with developing sales strategies and analyzing client data. In country travel for business development, conferences and trade shows. Candidate will have the opportunity to initially work from a home office. Interfacing weekly all activities with the executive COO.
As a Full-Time Business Development Sales Executive Your Responsibilities include:
- Rapidly build and consistently maintain an active account pipeline
- Drive new sales to meet and exceed revenue targets
- Define the overall approach for specific territories, regions, develop work plans, and create compelling sales propositions utilizing internal and external data
- Create persuasive sales presentations using market trends, case studies and other marketing collateral
- Develop and implement best practices for client interaction, sales, service and retention using a consultative approach
- Become an expert on best practices and developments in digital marketing and brand asset development; educate clients and become go-to resource
- Develop metrics to measure the growth and performance of accounts and provide reports as needed
- Be a listener who is centered on client needs; convey client interactions and input, emphasis on future product development and enhancements that will drive organic top line revenue
- Keep accurate client records, ensure CRM records are updated daily
- Partner with the Smallball team on structuring and executing operational and strategic initiatives
- Promote and model Smallball’s core values
What we’re looking for:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred
- 5+ years of experience in communications, digital marketing, brand management, marketing, advertising, public relations, or sales experience with a SaaS platform in B2B environment
- Extensive knowledge of and interest in social media, mobile apps, digital and mobile marketing
- Passion for creative, digital solutions
- Proven ability to initiate and build strong relationships with C-Level executives, decision makers and key stakeholders
- Proven track record of reaching and exceeding sales goals
- Ability to perform well in a highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Creative thinker, problem-solver and strategist
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written, person to person, phone and via web conferencing)
- Positive outlook, energetic and determined to meet deadlines and commitments
- Decisive with strong bias toward action; holds self and others accountable
- Team player and collaborator
- Strong existing relationships with top marketing decision makers for brands and their agencies
- Previous SaaS sales experience and/or strong understanding of SaaS based applications
- Experience with lifestyle brands and/or online community building
Interested in joining the Smallball team? Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Business Development Executive.